Re: Dihedral calculation with colvars

From: Aron Broom (broomsday_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 11 2015 - 23:17:09 CDT

is there any minimization before starting simulation 2 that might actually
change the value between the end of simulation 1 and the start of 2?

could it perhaps be related to periodic boundary conditions? I'm not sure
exactly how this would manifest, but if the colvar calculation used
non-wrapped coordinates, whereas your output dcd and coor files are
wrapped, that could possibly give different values, and since simulation 2
starts from the coor, it would start from the wrapped condition and look
similar to the dcd analysis (maybe). That all being said, in my past
experience with colvars and dihedrals, everything seemed pretty foolproof
and I recall thinking it handled periodic conditions well, but maybe there
is some option that needs checking.

--
Aron Broom M.Sc
PhD Student