Re: pressure profile calculations

From: Grace Brannigan (grace.brannigan_at_rutgers.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2012 - 06:16:21 CDT

Hi,

Just wanted to add a quick p.s. - it is straightforward to tell if the
noise is artificially introduced during postprocessing by simply running
the postprocessing twice and seeing if you get significantly different
results. It seems like an ideal solution to this problem would be to use a
velocity dcd file rather than having velocities regenerated in every frame
of the postprocessing, but I think an alternate reasonable solution is to
simply assume that velocities are isotropic on average. This is
effectively what you are doing if you set the temperature to (almost 0) in
the postprocessing run.

cheers,
Grace