Re: pressure profile calculations

From: Grace Brannigan (grace.brannigan_at_rutgers.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2012 - 14:33:21 CDT

Hi JC,

I found that most of the noise in the pressure profiles was due to the
ideal gas term, which is artificially noisy in post processing because
velocities are randomly reassigned - see e.g.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l.2009-2010/0250.html

or

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l.2008-2009/4112.html

My guess is that you will dramatically reduce noise if you post process at
almost 0 degrees.

cheers,
Grace

--