AW: Peptide planarity Dihedral angle restraints

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Fri Dec 09 2011 - 00:18:47 CST

Hi,

wouldn't extrabonds help you

Good luck

Norman Geist.

Von: owner-namd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu [mailto:owner-namd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu] Im Auftrag
von Aron Broom
Gesendet: Freitag, 9. Dezember 2011 04:11
An: Boyang Wang
Cc: Vijay Vammi; namd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Betreff: Re: namd-l: Peptide planarity Dihedral angle restraints

Santosh,

I may be misunderstanding, but couldn't you just write a script that would
identify (or look through your coordinate file manually) the atom numbers
for the X-C-N-X atoms that make up the backbone, and then apply a harmonic
restraint for each? It would be a large restraint file no doubt, and
applying so many restraints might slow performance a bit.

~Aron