Re: Quick TCl scripting question

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 21 2011 - 21:09:50 CDT

On Sep 21, 2011, at 9:58 PM, Anthony Rey <arey_at_etud.insa-toulouse.fr> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a general question regarding TCl scripting in VMD. Where do you guys find a general documentation regarding the TCl scripting in VMD?
> For example, if I want to use a script (.tcl that I will launch from the Tk console) that put my protein in cartoon for example.
> Where can I find the commands that would allow me do do that?

Have you tried the VMD users guide?
Or the VMD tutorials?
Or searching the VMD-l mailing list archives?

Those will show you the different ways how you can use script
commands. But for you specific case, you should turn on logging in the
File menu, use the GUI and then look up the commands in the users
guide.

> I've been googling a lot....but no results :-(

No surprise, you also are posting to the wrong mailing list. Next time
please try the VMD list. Thanks.

Axel