Re: ABF & distanceZ projection axis

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 21 2011 - 19:22:36 CDT

Hello Hamid, if you define the distanceZ along the vector (-1, 0, 0) you
will get a certain PMF that has (supposedly) positive and negative values
alike as abscissa.

If you use the vector (1, 0, 0) that will change the sign of x, but not of
the free energy.

That is, the PMF obtained with (-1, 0, 0) should be exactly the same as the
one with (1, 0, 0), just reflected. It's like turning your entire system
around by 180°: it won't change the thermodynamics of it.

Of course, you need to be consistent with your chosen boundaries, those need
to change sign in the two alternate configurations.

Giacomo