Re: Keeping rigidBonds during Minimization

From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Mon Sep 12 2011 - 18:09:58 CDT

Hi Dave,

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that
NAMD does not implement constrained minimization. The closest you can
get to that is bonded terms very high force constants (which won't
cause the stability issues that they would in MD). Usually this is not
necessary because bonded terms in water molecules dominate nonbonded
terms, so the energy-minimized geometry is very close to the ideal
one. Now maybe close is not close enough, in your particular case.
Also, my experience is with TIP3P only - TIP4P may be softer.

Cheers,
Jerome