Re: How to calculate Binding Free energy in NAMD

From: Chris Chipot (chipot_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 18 2011 - 07:51:20 CDT

Dear Jianing,

the answer to your question can be found in the free-energy perturbation
tutorial available from http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/.

Chris Chipot

On 6/18/11 1:00 AM, jnsong wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Recently, I've done a simulation of protein-ligand complex using NAMD
> and CHARMM force field. and I want to get binding free energy of my
> system.
>
> As much as I know, In AMBER, MM-PBSA can help to get binding free
> energy, but I have no idea about how to do this in NAMD.
>
> Could you please tell me where can I get such information?
>
> Jianing

Chris Chipot, Ph.D.
Beckman Institute
405 North Mathews                                 Phone: (217) 244-5711
Urbana, Illinois 61801                            Fax:   (217) 244-6078
                             E-mail: chipot_at_ks.uiuc.edu
                                     Christophe.Chipot_at_edam.uhp-nancy.fr
                             Web:    http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~chipot
                                     http://www.edam.uhp-nancy.fr
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
                                                               John 1:5.