Re: script for calculation of an rmsd

From: Branko (bdrakuli_at_chem.bg.ac.rs)
Date: Sat Oct 30 2010 - 07:09:44 CDT

Maria,

You have built-in RMSD calculation tool in VMD, under analysis. Only
select atoms that you want for your molecule (antibiotic). Also you
should browse VMD user guide, particularly
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node194.html.

The second option is to use VegaZZ - also free as well as VMD and NAMD
are
(http://nova.colombo58.unimi.it/cms/index.php?Software_projects:VEGA_ZZ)
there you find comfortable user interface for (really) widespread types
of trajectory analysis.

Regards

Branko