Re: how to use the dual-processor machines

From: Gengbin Zheng (gzheng_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 30 2005 - 17:52:42 CDT

Hi,

Try with nodelist file like:

group main
host node1
host node2

It may help a little. Charmrun selects nodes in round-robin fashion.
In any case, yes, we found it is a little slower using both CPUs on a node. This may be due to network card contention or O.S. interference, etc. However, it may not be that bad if you think of the second case which you occupied 4 nodes 8 processors to get that a little performance improvement.

Gengbin