Re: binding constant

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_uhp-nancy.fr)
Date: Mon Sep 20 2004 - 17:16:43 CDT

Hi,

A more direct apporach would be to use alchemical transformations performed
with the alchemical FEP code of NAMD. For an example, see:

Can Absolute Free Energies of Association Be Estimated from Molecular
Mechanical Simulations? The Biotin-Streptavidin System Revisited
S. Dixit and C. Chipot, J. Phys. Chem. A, 105 (42), 9795 -9799, 2001.

However, I have to warn you that such calculations are by no means routine
work yet. Their success depends on the well-behavedness of your system, and
most of all, of how much time and care you can dedicate to them.
For a more technical point of view, you may find the alchemical FEP tutorial
informative, although it needs a few updates - again. To make short, the
setup part is now a bit simpler than the document says, and it doesn't
require CHARMM anymore.
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/tutorial/AlchemicalFEP.pdf

Usually, we keep an eye on this list and provide support for the alchemical
FEP implementation in NAMD.

Regards,
Jerome