Compiling NAMD from SRC: Tungsten@NCSA

From: Vani Krishna (vakri2002_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 19:54:55 CDT

Hello everyone:

Can anyone guide me what is the best architecture type
to be used while compiling NAMD from SRC files on the
new Xeon cluster at NCSA? I have made small changes to
the code and iam able to successfully compile & run on
my local Linux machine. I would like to do the same on
NCSA machine, but was wondering which is teh best
architecture to choose? The specs are:

This cluster is based on Dell PowerEdge 1750 servers,
each with two Intel Xeon 3.06 GHz processors, running
Red Hat Linux and Myricom's Myrinet cluster
interconnect network.

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Vani