Need of an ASCII-PHI converter, any help is appreciated to use wat2ions from Delphi output

From: Eric Hajjar (ericha_at_ii.uib.no)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 02:45:05 CDT

Hi all,
I want to add ions to a macromolecular system as to be able to lanch
molecular dynamics with NAMD (need neutrality with PME, even if
interestingly no particular behavior are seen with a charged system...) .

I was using "Sodium" until now but it seems to crash for ion > 3 !

The best is to use "wat2ions", that take as input a Delphi-potential map
( file .phi).
The problem is that Delphi (as to save space ?) provide with a binary .phi
file format, and wat2ions need the file to be in ASCII...
I'm going throught the manual again and there is hints for writing a
program that converts phi to ascii and vice & versa, but I wonder if one
of you had the same need before, if there is already such a converter
(ASCIIPHI ?), or how you went through such a "problem"...

Perhaps this mail would be more for the VMD-mailing list , but adding ions
is in principle a typical "system-setup" for MD simulation...

Any help is appreciated
Thanks in advance.

 Eric Hajjar
 Phd Student @University of Bergen