Re: Variation of results in iterations

From: Pijush Ghosh (pijush.ghosh_at_ndsu.nodak.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 22:00:21 CST

Hie
    I really appreciate the suggestions i am getting regarding my
 problem. In response to what Obrien said i would like to mention that
I am using same seed for all
my runs and identical in the sense i am using running same configuration
file with different name may be with different or same number of
processors. I am running most of the runs for 400,000 thousands and this
variation in the results i am observing is terms of the final
coordinates of atoms.
    Robert suggestd this could be because of some arithmatic operation
affecting round-off error.
Does NAMD for any of its calculation picks up some default random
number everytime it runs resulting some differernce in numerical
results, which should be theoretically zero though.
    Any further discussion on this will be highly appreciated.

Pijush.