A problem with intermediate files

From: Zhilei Chen (zchen4_at_students.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 21:52:57 CST

Hi,

I was using namd to run a 60ps free simulation. At the end of the simulation,
I successfully obtained the .dcd file and .log file. Everything is normal. But
when I try to use the .coor file it generated, I found it only contained some
strange code that the vmd can't interprete. I checked the other intermediate
files (.vel, .restart.vel.old, .restart.vel, .restart.coor, .restart.coor.old)
and all those contained the same strange code and they all have the same file
size 1,063,600. I am not sure what is the problem. I tried running the script
again, used a different name, but exactly the same thing happened. All those
files still have 1,063,600 as the size and have the same mysterious code in
it. And again, the .dcd file looked normal and I can open it with VMD. I
examined the .log file, and it didn't have any warning or error message
concerning writing these intermediate files.

I need to use the .coor and .vel for my next simulation. Can anyone tell me
what's the problem?

zhilei