Re: Error Running ubq-get-energy.conf

From: Jim Phillips (jim_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 18:50:49 CDT

Hi,

You must use NAMD 2.5 (actually 2.5b2 or later) for this example. This
(stunningly useless) error message is generated by 2.5b1 or earlier.

What is actually happening is that since "coorfile" isn't recognized as a
valid Tcl command it is passed to Tcl's "unknown" command, which has been
redefined to parse its arguments ("coorfile read") as a NAMD config
option. NAMD tries to read in all of its config options until the end of
the file or an action command like "run" or "coorfile", and prints a list
of any unrecognized options at that point (and continued without them in
2.5b1 and earlier, which wasn't very nice).

In any case, this "unknown" command doesn't return anything or raise and
error, which makes "![coorfile read]" the same as the non-sensical "!{}",
and sure enough if you try to use this in Tcl you get:

% expr { !{} }
can't use empty string as operand of "!"

Since "coorfile read" is currently the only NAMD command that returns an
error code like this, this is the first case of this error I've seen.

-Jim