Argentine Tango Classes Starting

From: joe grohens (joe@WOLFRAM.COM)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 14:27:32 CST

Well, it's time to start welcoming people back to school. And for the
Argentine Tango people among us, this semester already has a lot in store.

Practica (7-9pm) and Tango Barre (6-7pm) at White Street will resume
tomorrow Sunday (Jan 16).
We hope to see you there!

Following is a long list of upcoming Argentine Tango classes and dances in
the area. This info is also at
http://www.prairienet.org/white-street/tango.html. If anybody knows of
Argentine Tango classes or events that I haven't listed, please post them
and/or let me know so I can add it to the web page.

Joe

******* CLASSES AND DANCES IN C-U AREA *******

:::::::
CLASSES
:::::::

At Channing Murray Foundation

ARGENTINE TANGO I and III
Times: 5:00-6:30 - Level III
       6:30-8:00 - Level I
Dates: Thursdays, Jan. 27 - Feb. 24
Location: Channing-Murray Foundation (corner of Oregon and Mathews in Urbana)
Class Fee: $30
Taught by Mark Johnson and Ece Karatan.

If you are repeating a class you get 10$ off. No partner necessary. You can
join thru the second
week. For more info, call 239-4328, or send an email to markj@wolfram.com.

At Parkland College

ARGENTINE TANGO I
Starts Tuesday, Jan 25 7:00 - 8:00 pm
6 week course
$39 per person
Taught by Regina Pareigis of the Regent Ballroom
For more info contact Cindy at 351-2571

At White Street Arts Center
304 1/2 E White Street
Champaign, IL
359-1862

TANGO CLUB STYLE
Introductory class
Sundays 1 - 2 pm
1/30 - 2/20
Fee: $20 per four-week course
Taught by Joe Grohens and Carlota

CARLOTA'S TANGO BARRE
Technique fundamentals for women
Every Sunday 6:00 - 7:00 PM
Fee: $5 per person
Taught by Carlota

PRACTICA
Open practice session
Every Sunday 7:00 - 9:00 PM
Admission: $3 per person ($1 when attending Club Style or Tango Barre on
the same day)
Hosted by Joe Grohens and Carlota

In Bloomington, Illinois

Group Lessons in Bloomington
First Saturday of each month, 10am - 12 noon
Wrainbow Ballroom, 101 E. Mulberry St. (downtown)
Taught by Tom (El Tigre) and Nancy Ronquillo
For more info email El Tigre at chitiger@dave-world.net, or phone him at
(309) 829-5529

:::::::
DANCES
:::::::

Phillips Recreation Center

The Tango Society of Central Illinois hosts a milonga at Phillips
Recreation Center on the 2nd Saturday of most months. Tango workshops are
occasionally offered immediately before the dance.

Please bring a pair of non-street shoes to protect the beautiful hardwood
floor in this studio.

Place: Springfield and McCullough, Urbana
Time: 7-11pm (workshops 6-7pm)
Admission: $3:00
Dates:
 Feb 12 workshop in milonga w. Tom Ronquillo
 Mar 11
 Apr 8 workshop

 June 10
 July 8

 Sept 9 workshop
 Oct 14
 Nov 11 workshop
 Dec 9

Regent Tango/Salsa nights

The Regent Ballroom has 1/2 hour of Argentine Tango dancing prior to its
monthly salsa dances.
Place: Regent Ballroom, Savoy, IL
1406 Regency Drive West, Savoy, Illinois 61874 (217) 359-5333
Time: Fridays 11-11:30pm Tango; 11:30-1:30am Salsa
Admission: $3:50
Dates:
 Jan 28
 Feb 18