Rueda!

From: Erika Garvin (egarvin@S.PSYCH.UIUC.EDU)
Date: Tue Aug 31 1999 - 16:15:13 CDT

Hey Dancers!

Have you ever seen or danced Rueda, the cool dance based on salsa where
you rotate partners in a circle and the steps are called? It's a bunch
of fun, and it looks impressive.

I love Rueda, and have noticed that not too many Dancing Illini know
it. Let's keep Rueda alive! If you've had intermediate salsa before, but
never learned Rueda, I encourage you to take this class! (see below)
Carlos tells me you'd better be pretty good at salsa before you take the
advanced class--so you could attend the intermediate class for the first
six weeks of this semester and then the advanced class, which includes
rueda, for the second six weeks.

Sincerely yours,
Riki Garvin
Dancing Illini Carpool Coordinator
(that's right, I arrange rides to dance events)