Re: Salsa Classes Tuesdays at Mabel's.

From: Carlos A. Varela (cvarela@UIUC.EDU)
Date: Tue Aug 31 1999 - 15:31:25 CDT

Hi Riki, thanks for your interest.

  People at the advanced class are expected to be able to follow a song
at the proper tempo (otherwise, the group dancing gets uncoordinated).
We also assume that these students can get "advanced" steps (dips,
satellite, etc) at a relatively fast speed (which is usually attained
after an intermediate salsa class)... some intermediate footwork is also
assumed. No rueda background is assumed. Probably the best for people
who try it and don't feel yet competent would be to take the
intermediate class these six weeks and the advanced class in the last
six weeks of the semester... other than that, we encourage everybody to
try it out and see for themselves what level they fit in...

  Hope to see lots of DI members tonight! cheers,

- Carlos & Adri & Javi.