Beginner Tango Courses at the Phillips Recreation Center

From: Ron Weigel (tango.society@GMAIL.COM)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 08:37:19 CDT

    Hello, dancers.

    We will be starting our fall tango courses at the Phillips Recreation
    Center (505 W Stoughton, Urbana) next week. This semester we will be
    teaching 2 beginner tango courses. Tango 12 - Beginner Express, which
    starts next Thursday Aug 31, is a 6 week course that combines the
    material from Tango 1 and Tango 2, each 4 week courses. Tango Beginner
    Express is a fast track to tango for people with prior couples dance
    experience, who already have the fundamentals of leading and following
    and musicality, as well as familiarity with various kinds of steps
    that are done in social dancing. We are offering this course for the
    first time because we have realized that people with prior social
    dance experience learn tango faster.

    Details on Beginner Tango Courses:

    (1) Tango 12: Beginner Express [ NEW!! ]
    Thursdays 8:30–10 PM Aug 31 – Oct 5 (6 wks)
    $40 per person (No partner required)
    - Combines Tango 1&2 (8 wks) into one 6 wk Course
    => designed for those with prior couples dance experience

    (2) Tango 1: Foundations of Tango
    Mondays 8:30–10 PM Sept 18 – Oct 9 (4 wks)
    $30 per person (No partner required)

    (3) Tango 2: Beyond the Basics
    Mondays 8:30 – 10 PM Oct 23 – Nov 13 (4 wks)
    $30 per person (No partner required)
    - Pre-requisite: Tango 2

    We will also have beginner level workshops at:

    3rd Annual Close Embrace Tangi Fiesta
    Oct 13-15, 2006
    Instructors:
    Robert Hauk (Portalnd OR)
    Barbara Durr (Atlanta GA)
    Yelena Sinelnikova & Avik Basu (Ann Arbor MI)
    Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel (Urbana IL)

    However, if you take the Tango Beginner Express, you will be ready for
    the Intermediate level workshops that weekend.

    We look forward to seeing you at tango. We have a good-sized tango
    community with numerous opportunities for social dancing.

    Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
    Tango Society of Central Illinois
    www.centraltango.com