Foundations of Tango course starts Monday June 5 at the Phillips Recreation Center

From: Ron Weigel (tango.society@GMAIL.COM)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2006 - 07:16:33 CDT

    At the Phillips Recreation Center, 505 W Stoughton, Urbana

    Tango 1 – Foundations of Tango
    Instructors: Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
    Mondays June 5–26 8:30–10 PM $30
    - Introduction to tango, with an emphasis on partner connection,
    musicality and basic navigational skills for dancing at the milonga.
    Social codes of the milonga.
    - No partners of experience required.

    Ron and Susana have danced tango for 8 years and have taught tango for
    5 years. They are experienced at dancing tango in the milongas (tango
    night clubs) of Buenos Aires and teach the social style of tango
    danced in Buenos Aires and elsewhere around the world. The social
    style of tango emphasizes partner connection, musicality, and
    navigational skills and is not difficult to learn. Our classes are
    lots of fun and provide lots of practice dancing with different
    partners.

    We also host tango dances approximately once per month at the Phillips
    Center, as well as inviting visiting instructors for tango weekends
    several times per year.

    Join us for a fun experience in learning tango and making new friends.

    Ron Weigel & Susana Vazquez Weigel
    Tango Society of Central Illinois
    www.centraltango.com