Future Milongas

From: TangoLeon@AOL.COM
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 12:43:29 CST

In addition to the milonga at the Phillips Recreation Center this Saturday
(8:30-11:30 PM), the Tango Society of Central Illinois has scheduled the
following milongas (tango social dance, for the uninitiated) for the Spring
2001 semester:

Sat Jan 27 (workshop before)
Sat Feb 24
Sat Mar 24 (workshop before)
Sat Apr 28

Thus, milongas have moved from the 2nd to the 4th Saturday of the month. All
milongas will be from 8:30-11:30 PM. Admission to the milonga is $3. The
workshops are an additional $5.

In addition, on Sat March 3 there will be be a special fundraiser dance at
the Phillips Recreation Center to raise money towards the purchase of the
'Tango' sculpture in Meadowbrook Park. This will be a general dance,
including music for tango, salsa, merengue, cha-cha, and other Latin dances,
as well as Latin pop for swing dances. Other activities to accompany the
fundraiser dance are also planned. Stay tuned to this e-mail address for
further information.

Finally, if there are a sufficient number of people interested, we may have a
dance during the holidays. Prospective dates are Fri Dec 29, Sat Dec 30, and
Mon Jan 1. The dance could be tango, salsa, possibly ballroom, with the
proportional mix dependent upon the response. If you are around town during
the holidays and would be interested in a holiday dance, respond to this
message, letting me know what days would work for you and your preferences in
the dances to be included. Thanks.

I'll see you at the milonga Saturday.

Leonardo
El Leon del Tango