steplist for foxtrot and quickstep

From: charles joseph smith (cjsmith2@students.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 06:42:46 CST

I have a very good memory. Despite my commitment to my doctoral thesis, I
still remember the foxtrot and quickstep routines from the Int. Foxtrot/
Quickstep class taught by Adrian and Holly Hutber that I attended this
September. Here is the lowdown of their routines:

***Foxtrot routine
Feather Step, starting on long side of ballroom (SQQ)
Open Reverse Turn (SQQSQQ)
3-Step (SQQ)
Natural Turn With Hesitation (SQQSSS)
Feather Step (SQQ)
Reverse Wave (1-4) into Basic Weave (SQQSQQQQQQ)
3-Step (SQQ)
Natural Turn With Hesitation, underturned to face short side (SQQSSS)
Feather Step (SQQ)
3-Step (SQQ)
Natural Turn With Hesitation, underturned to face new long side (SQQSSS)
Repeat from beginning with Feather Step (SQQ)

If extending the routine after the Feather Step with Open Telemark....
(this will happen on the short side of ballroom):

Feather Step (SQQ)
Open Telemark, 1-3 of Natural Turn, Outside Swivel (SQQSQQS)
Basic Weave, ending to start on another long side of ballroom (QQQQQQ)
3-Step (SQQ)
...then go back to the beginning with the Feather step.

***Quickstep routine
Quarter Turn to R, starting on long side of ballroom (SQQS)
Progressive Chasse (SQQS)
Lock Step Forward (lady backward) (SQQS)
Natural Turn With Hesitation (SQQSSS)
1-3 of Chasse Reverse Turn into Progressive Chasse (SQQSQQS)
Lock Step Forward (lady backward) (SQQS)
Natural Spin Turn, now going down the short side of ballroom (SQQSSS)
Progressive Chasse (SQQS)
Lock Step Forward (Lady Backward) (SQQS)
1-3 of Natural Turn, slightly overturned to go down long side again (SQQ)
Tipple Chasse to the R to Lock Step Forward (Lady Backward) (SQQSQQS)
Repeat routine starting with Quarter Turn to R (SQQS).