Main Page Namespace List Class Hierarchy Alphabetical List Compound List File List Namespace Members Compound Members File Members Related Pages
Plugin source files and directory structure
The plugin source tree is split into several directories comprised of various shell scripts, C/C++ source code, Tcl/Python components, link libraries, installers, etc. The list below briefly enumerates the main directories of interest and what they contain:
- The top level directory contains README files, a Makefile simplifying plugin compilation, and any log files generated during compilation.
- molfile_plugin This directory contains the source code and makefiles for all of the molecule file reader/translator plugins.
- CVS This directory is used by the CVS revision control system we use to develop the plugins. It doesn't contain anything of direct interest to a normal developer.
- compile Compiled plugin object files, header files, shared libraries, and static libraries, split out by target architecture.
- doc Documentation related files
Plugin Makefiles and build scripts
The scripts and Makefiles listed below are of particular interest to people compiling their own plugins:
- build.csh The build.csh script contains platform-specific configurations and runs a sequence of commands to build plugins on a network of workstations. This file must be customized if it is to be used by people outside of UIUC.
- Makefile This makefile contains all of the standard plugin compilations options we use to compile the plugins we distribute with VMD.
plg_filestruct.dox,v 1.3 2008/03/31 19:40:25 johns Exp
Generated on Mon Sep 28 03:03:28 2020 for VMD Plugins (current) by
1.2.14 written by Dimitri van Heesch,