Re: System with two membranes

From: Vermaas, Josh (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2021 - 08:59:01 CDT

Hi Jose,

What did you do to your periodic box size in the NAMD configuration file, and how is the barostat allowed to change it? Normally, the x-y dimensions are the same between the two membranes, so you use the semi-isotropic ensemble options for the barostat (useflexiblecell yes, useconstantratio yes), and it is quickly impossible for water to cross either membrane without going through it. If you are getting water channels in your membrane, the x-y dimenstions may have been too large in the beginning, and the fast water diffusion formed a stable pore.

-Josh