Re: Lone pair disconnected after minimization

From: David Hardy (dhardy_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2021 - 17:23:59 CDT

Dear Rabiul,

This sounds suspiciously that NAMD was not actually aware of the lone pairs, i.e., your PSF file might be wrong. First, can you please verify that your PSF file actually has lone pairs properly defined in it (e.g., grep for the NUMLP section of your PSF)? When you list out the NUMLP section of your PSF file, do you see the supporting atom definitions for all of the lone pairs listed in your NATOM section? Finally, near the top of your log file output, do you see LONE PAIRS listed under STRUCTURE SUMMARY? Is it the same number of lone pairs that you defined in your PSF file?

Best regards,
Dave

--
David J. Hardy, Ph.D.