Re: restart file

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_umich.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 30 2020 - 10:43:03 CDT

Ok, a couple thoughts here.
One, I hadn't noticed this before, but the nonbonded settings are a bit
daring. WIth 2 fs timesteps you're probably better off with short range
interactions every step, and full electrostatics every 2 or 3. This may be
causing the instability.
The seed should also be fixed as mentioned in my last email. If you just
delete the seed line NAMD will use a seed based on the current wallclock
time, which is appropriate and safe.
Also, why are you minimizing the system at each restart? This would not be
typical, and might be causing the crashes.
Best,
Peter