Re: adding peptide constraint in NAMD configuration file

From: soodabeh ghaffari (soodabehghaffari_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 04 2020 - 08:44:22 CST

Hello Dr Fiorin,
These two atoms ( backbone N of one residue and carbonyl carbon of the
other) should be covalently bound but in my pdb file they are not. Is
extraBonds fine(the first link you provided)?Do you have any example of
usage of extraBonds?

1. If so, how I can get the parameters k, ref, n. And how can I select atom?

2.Is this right to add these line to MD.conf?
*extraBonds*
*extraBondsCosAngles*
*extraBondsFile myfile.txt*

3. In myfile.txt,is <atom> atom serial number in pdb file? and <ref> is the
bond length?
For instance, is it right to write below(if atom serial number is 100 and
and 101 and k=250 and bond length should be 1.3 (but currently, it is more
than 1.3))?
bond 100 101 250 1.3

4.and one more question, the location of myfile.txt should be the same as
conf file?

I appreciate your help
Thank you so much
Best Regards,