Re: periodic cell has become too small for original patch grid

From: Ashutosh Shandilya (scfbioiitd_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2018 - 15:41:54 CST

Thanks, I used margin 3 after removing langevin piston it worked for (*nvt.in
<http://nvt.in>*) but when I am trying to run npt it is still gives the
same error (*Periodic cell has become too small for original patch grid!*).
Attached are my input files, kindly have a look if I am missing something.

Many thanks,

Ashutosh

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 2:50 AM, Norman Geist <norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de
> wrote:

> You can just add a line:
>

> margin 3
>

> to the namd input file. This will mostly prevent namd from aborting on
> large box shrink on the cost of performance. Therefore, after the 1st
> initial shrink, you can restart the npt without margin since the box won’t
> shrink that much again. Actually the reason why it shrinks so much
> initially, is that the solvation tool you used (but almost all do) gave the
> system a too small density.
>

> Norman

--001a1140f5e6aadcc60566c54f48--