Re: Shear flow simulation setup

From: James Starlight (jmsstarlight_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2017 - 07:09:25 CDT

Hi Giacomo and thank you for the suggestions!

I have already seen that tutorial of the modeling shear flow using
built-in TCL script which is provided along with NAMD input file.
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/science/forces/forces-tutorial.pdf

IMHO this aproach was very general sollution which would be tricky
adapt for my case-study - shear flow applied on the membrane or
selectively on the embedded protein. In principle it would be
interesting for me to test both aproaches if someone had already
approved it for the membrane systems.

BTW would it be reasonable in my case-study to make simulation with
the introduction of membrane tension of various magnitude , e.g which
has been approved there:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S000527361200154X

I thanks everyone for the additional suggestions!

James