Re: pairInteraction and PME?

From: David Hardy (dhardy_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2017 - 11:05:23 CDT

Hi Michael,

When evaluating with pairInteraction, NAMD evaluates the long-range gridded part for PME three times, once for the atoms in set A, once for the atoms in set B, and once for the atoms in sets A and B together, then it calculates differences to determine the long-range interaction forces and energy between the A and B sets of atoms. The short-range interactions between sets A and B are calculated in the obvious way.

Best regards,
Dave

--
David J. Hardy, Ph.D.
Theoretical and Computational Biophysics