Re: Colvars wall boundaries for CoordNum

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2017 - 19:42:46 CDT

Hi Wasut, the wall constant for a wall boundary is not rescaled (check the
description of the physical unit):
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.12/ug/node55.html#SEC
TION000132200000000000000

The rescaling by width^2 is only needed because a harmonic bias can be
defined on multiple variables, with very different units.

Note, however, than in the latest versions you have the ability to define
walls as a separate bias (and also change its force constant umbrella
sampling-style). The current syntax that you are referring to will remain
for backward compatibility.

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin