Re: How to perform REMD of a system a membrane-protein system?

From: Panagiota Kyriakou (kyria008_at_umn.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 09 2017 - 16:34:03 CST

Hi Giacomo,

Thank you for your response and your suggestion. It is very helpful!

Could you please explain to me how the hydrophobicity of the peptide
affects the free energy barriers of the system?

What do you think about Replica Exchange Solute Tempering (REST)? Do you
think it could work instead of classic REMD?
I recently read an article by Huang et al "Acceleration of Lateral
Equilibration in Mixed Lipid Bilayers Using Replica Exchange with Solute
Tempering <http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct500305u>" where they
perform REST on a bilayer with Gromacs. However, I think that a similar
protocol can be followed with NAMD since I think there is an option for

Thank you,
Giota

Panagiota Kyriakou
Ph.D. Candidate in Chemical Engineering
Dept. of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
University of Minnesota