Re: Rigid bonds and non-bonded energy

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak.accts_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 19 2015 - 14:40:51 CDT

RATTLE is just the constraint algorithm used in NAMD (I believe just the
original SHAKE algorithm plus some extra stuff to handle velocities). After
RATTLE is applied the coordinates are reset such that they abide by the
constraints. If the constraints are already satisfied, then this will have
no effect.

The obvious thing to do here would be to turn off rigidBonds and then see
if the energies match. If they do, then you are probably seeing an effect
from constraints. This happens to me a lot when I build protons with psfgen
and they are either wrongly placed at the origin or given an non-ideal bond
length.

--
Brian Radak
Postdoctoral Scholar