Re: Issue with NAMD Not understand

From: harish vashisth (harish.vashisth_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 12 2010 - 13:57:14 CST

Hi Adrienne,
 The issue is what the error suggests: for some reason, the parameters for
the particular CN7B-HN5 bond were not found in the parameter file you
specified in the NAMD config. input file. When you used PSFGEN to generate
your pdb/psf with the help of topology you mention, the CN7-HN5 bond gets
created and if it is a new bond, there will not be any parameters for it in
any standard parameter file. Now, the topology you seem to be using will
only have information on nucleic acids, but not on your carbon
structure--because you do not mention what kind of structure that is,
whether you have topology information for that? I would suggest looking to
how pdb/psf was generated and if they were generated correctly at all or
not. Lastly, if you realize that there is no info on the bond, you can add
this type of information at appropriate place in your parameter file taking
parameters from the closest related bond in existing parameter. I hope it
helps. Other users may give some more suggestions.