Re: metadynamics simulations slow down and down

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_temple.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2010 - 08:38:51 CDT

Hello Cheng, is the simulation going with useGrids set to on or off? Unless
the hills are projected onto a grid, they can quickly become too many to be
computed efficiently.

Also, even if useGrids is on, does the system ever leave the boundaries? In
that case, the program reverts to computing all of the hill's forces off the
grid, which is very slow again. I would say that making the boundaries far
enough from each other so that the variable is always inside the grid solves
the problem.

Bests
Giacomo

---- ----
  Dr. Giacomo Fiorin
  ICMS - Institute for Computational Molecular Science - Temple University
  1900 N 12 th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
  giacomo.fiorin_at_temple.edu
---- ----