Re: Reason of FATAL ERROR: UNABLE TO FIND ANGLE PARAMETERS FOR HT HT OT

From: Mert Gür (gurmert_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2010 - 08:14:39 CDT

I got the answer but I am confused.

I have to thank you because as you said I actually did something
different. I did not call the topology file prior to the solvate
command.

So VMD used its own topology file to generate the waters which I
believe did not fit the the topology file I used for the simulation.

I used the topology file in toppar_c35b2_c36a2/top_all_27_lipid.inp at the link

http://mackerell.umaryland.edu/CHARMM_ff_params.html

In VMD's topology file the third angle is commented out as

!BOND OH2 H1 OH2 H2 H1 H2 ! the last bond is needed for shake
BOND OH2 H1 OH2 H2
ANGLE H1 OH2 H2

whereas in the topology file I used it is not commented out

BOND OH2 H1 OH2 H2 H1 H2 ! the last bond is needed for shake
ANGLE H1 OH2 H2 ! required

So the problem is that my topology file in NAMD tells NAMD that it
requires ANGLE PARAMETERS FOR HT HT OT to define the H-H bond. Did I
got that right?
However, In the psf file this extra bond between this hydrogen atoms
is not present.
By the way I did not use any rigid bonds in my simulation.

In this topic Peter states that these bond will be generally ignored
by NAMD and doesn't generally appear in the topology files they
distribute

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l/8624.html

So actually NAMD has no problem if we defined or did not defined this
H-H bond. Both topology files work fine .
NAMD will ignore it any way. Is that right?

Hence, I got confused with all these previous discussions . Some say
that it is better to delete it.
But I don't see why.

This H-H bond is also found in Mackerell's topology files.

Is it required to delete this H-H bond or not?

I have obtained many MD simulations without doing so.

Best,

Mert