Re: Reason of FATAL ERROR: UNABLE TO FIND ANGLE PARAMETERS FOR HT HT OT

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2010 - 15:28:29 CDT

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Mert Gür <gurmert_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Axel,
> Thanks for the explanation. However, I have read the explanation and
> the only difference between the other  5 systems and this system are
> the proteins (topology file used and namd versions are the same).

the source of the problem is not from running namd,
but from generating the .psf file.

> To reformulate my question in the light of the information you have provided?
>  How does a  water molecule of that kind slip into my psf file?

i don't know. you have to track down which files and scripts
you have used to build your final .psf file. it is impossible to
tell from remote where this has happened. i would be very
careful to check it, as there is a finite chance, that something
else might be wrong.

> I thought that all generated TIP3 waters are the same. But you are

no. it depends on which software and what inputs you use
to build the psf file.

> saying that there are water molecules with 3 bond and 2 bonds present
> in my psf file.

you can use VMD to visually inspect your files. if you get lucky,
you'll see it right away. if not, you have to be a bit creative.

remember: software is dumb and does _exactly_ what it is
programmed to do. sometimes that can work against you.

cheers,
    axel.