Re: NAMD 2.7b1 distanceDir

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_temple.edu)
Date: Fri May 07 2010 - 17:16:31 CDT

Hi Guanglei, did you enable outputSystemForce by any chance? As specified
in the documentation, that's just not available for distanceDir, only for
distance, distanceZ, distanceXY.

I tried it out, since you said you were playing with it starting from
"distance", and got the error message that you posted. The message is
misleading, because it complains about a forbidden operation. What should
be printed, instead, is that distanceDir doesn't support outputSystemForce,
period. Sorry about the confusion.

I'll fix the error message in the next CVS update.

Giacomo

---- ----
Giacomo Fiorin
  ICMS - Institute for Computational Molecular Science
    Temple University
    1900 N 12 th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
mail: giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com
---- ----