Re: Retrieving standard deviation values while using collective variables (ABF)

From: Hugh Martin (hughtendo_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 26 2009 - 07:38:13 CST

Thanks for the response, yes sorry I was referring the free energy
derivative.

I produced the system force from a simulation to see if I could reconcile
the data with the PMF output, but it seems that the outputSystemForce data
correlates to the timestep rather than to the reaction coordinate (which the
PMF corresponds to). Thus, given that the nature of ABF/colvar simulations
means that the position of the pulling atom does not correlate to a
particular timstep or timestep bin (compared to, say, constant
velocity-SMD), I can't see a way to use the data to produce useful error
bars on the free energy derivative output.

I'm just wondering if I'm out of options here, and should maybe look to
other measures of error/deviation?

Many thanks,

Hugh