Re: FW: simulation configuration file not accesible - other reasons

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 20 2009 - 18:37:51 CST

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 6:57 PM, CHINDEA Vlad <vchindea_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Richard
>
> I allways run with
>
> namd2 xxx.conf > yyy.log
>
> and it is not an issue of psf, pdb, param files (which BTW are exactly
> placed as suggested) because the program hangs up before needing any of
> these resources (as witnessed by log file).
>
> I think there has to be some other more obscure reason for this behaviour.

how about there being a file lock on xxx.conf due to being held open
in an editor and windows not giving your namd executable read access?

i don't use windows, but i remember some strange behavior about not
being able to manipulate files that are "locked" by some app before.

can you _read_ the xxx.conf file with something like "cat"?

cheers,
   axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer    akohlmey_at_gmail.com
College of Science and Technology