Re: restraining the COM of a group of atoms

From: Jerome Henin (jhenin_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 10 2009 - 15:03:52 CDT

Hi Bin,

Yes, the colvars module can be used for that in NAMD 2.7b1. The
reference position could be specified using a dummy atom group, see
the dummyAtom keyword here:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.7b1/ug/node48.html#SECTION000122300000000000000

As a side note, though: the fact that lots of people want to do it
doesn't mean it's a good idea - in most cases anyway.

Cheers,
Jerome