Re: restraining the COM of a group of atoms

From: Joshua Adelman (jadelman_at_berkeley.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 09 2009 - 19:43:04 CDT

Hi Bin,

This is pretty trivial to code up using the GlobalMasters routines (at
least in v2.6). You'll have to write your own GlobalMaster code and
recompile namd, but otherwise it's simple. Take a look at the
GlobalMasterMisc.C and .h files in the src/ directory. This code will
only run on the head node, but in my experience, unless you are doing
something really complicated, you won't see any slowdown.

If you want to see example code, let me know.

Also, I haven't used the collective variable features in NAMD 2.7, but
doesn't the "distance" collective variable basically allow you to do
this?

Another alternative is to try PLUMED (which I have not):
http://merlino.mi.infn.it/~plumed/PLUMED/Home.html

Josh