Re: NAMD 2.7b1 ABF + free energy windows

From: Giovanni Bellesia (gbellesia_at_chem.ucsb.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 29 2009 - 17:24:11 CDT

I forgot,
you also have to modify the values of xiMin and xiMax to "cover" the
whole range of your "order parameter"

> Hi,
>
> Hopefully someone can point what I'm missing or the mistake I'm
> making. I'm using ABF to calculate the free energy of a steroid moving
> from the center of a lipid bilayer into bulk water over a range of 28
> angstroms. I've broken the simulation down into three windows of
> approximately 10 angstroms over 2 ns, and they've all successfully
> completed. The sampling could definitely be improved but it's enough
> for some comparison's I'm looking at. Here's the problem when I plot
> A(xi) vs Xi for each of these windows, they don't match up. In the
> overlaps between windows the plots look the same but they're offset on
> the y-axis in one case by 3 kcal/mol, and in the other by 15 kcal/mol.
> Am I missing something here, shouldn't the plots match up ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -david
>
> David E. Reichert, PhD.
>
> Asst. Professor of Radiology
>
> Washington University School of Medicine
>

> e-mail: reichertd_at_wustl.edu
>
> voice: 314-362-8461
>
> fax: 314-362-9940
>
> web: http://scoobie.wustl.edu/

> The material in this message is private and may contain Protected
> Healthcare Information (PHI). If you are not the intended recipient,
> be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or the
> taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information
> is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
> please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return mail.

Giovanni Bellesia
University of California, Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, California 93106-9510, USA.
Email: gbellesia_at_chem.ucsb.edu
Phone: 805 893 2767
Web: http://www.chem.ucsb.edu/~gbellesia/