Re: SMD working only at high velocity

From: David Tanner (guacamoleo_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 10 2009 - 15:12:06 CDT

Elia,

If your spring constant, "SMDk" is low, you can expect NAMD to move
the SMD position far before the spring starts pulling hard on your
atoms. So, at first, it will always look like the atoms are not
moving; you'll need to wait until SMD has moved several Angstroms to
verify that your atoms are being pulled along too.

David E. Tanner
3159 Beckman Institute
405 N. Mathews
Urbana, IL 61801