Re: Translocation problem while attempting to use ABF

From: Jerome Henin (jhenin_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 06 2009 - 11:37:20 CDT

Hi Hugh,

You could be running into a problem with the way the abf code form
NAMD 2.6 handles PBC - that is, it mostly doesn't. One thing you can
look at is the role of the boundary potentials ("walls") on your
problem. Try setting forceConst to zero and see if the problem still
occurs. That's all I can say based on the info you provided.

Note that this code is currently being phased out, and replaced with
the version of ABF implemented in NAMD 2.7b1's module called
collective variable-based calculations:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.7b1/ug/node46.html

Best,
Jerome