Re: NAMD2.6 - 1D Periodic Boundary and PME - FATAL ERROR: PME requires periodic boundary conditions.

From: David Hardy (dhardy_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu May 21 2009 - 15:55:42 CDT

Hi Greg,

PME requires periodic boundaries in all three dimensions.
For periodicity in just one dimension, you have to make the
"nonperiodic" dimensions longer (i.e. double the length) to
prevent the periodic images from interacting with each other.

Best regards,
Dave

--
David J. Hardy           office: 3047 BI
Beckman Institute        fax:    (217) 244-6078