multiple FEP experiments in one NAMD-FEP run?

From: Sebastian Stolzenberg (s.stolzenberg_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 17 2009 - 15:51:14 CDT

Thanks so much, Peter,

let's forget about the fixed environment then.

What about doing several monomeric FEP experiments in one oligomeric
run? I can argue that the monomers don't talk to one another, but
stabilize each other structurally.

My idea is to produce one complete oligomeric FEP run, such that
\delta_G_oligomer=sum over all \delta_G_monomer values

To dissect the several free energy differences from one another, I would
post-analyze the FEP trajectories (collecting Hamiltonian values of each
monomer-system to get PMFs). The advantage is that I can start the runs
now, and meanwhile learn how to do the post-analysis.

I already checked the separation of the multiple FEP mutation sites: in
VMD, displaying atoms "within $R" Angstrom around each FEP site, the
resulting "blobs" only start to overlap at $R~19A.

In principle, is *this* reasonable? ... feasible with NAMD-FEP?

Thank you again,
Sebastian