Re: FW: Water density of water Box

From: Giacomo Fiorin (gfiorin_at_seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 11 2009 - 10:30:05 CDT

Most likely, because when you solvate, several water molecules are
deleted if they overlap the box edges too much (which would cause them
to clash with molecules on the other side of the periodic box). When
you're at the corners, this happens along three different edges, and
you get a lot of deletions: at the center of a box face, or in the
middle of the box, it happens much less, or never.

Giacomo

---- -----
 Giacomo Fiorin
   Center for Molecular Modeling at
     University of Pennsylvania
     231 S 34th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6323
 phone: (+1)-215-573-4773
 fax: (+1)-215-573-6233
 mobile: (+1)-267-324-7676
 mail: giacomo.fiorin_<at>_gmail.com