Re: Accessing atoms and velocities during NVE run

From: Nd S (navdeep79_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2009 - 15:14:59 CST

Hey Cris

First of all thanks a lot for the quick response.

My problem is a carbon nanotube at the center of the cell surrounded by
liquid molecules. What I want to do is a constant heat flux simulation, by
constantly putting energy into the nanotube and removing the same amount
from the outside periphery of the cell. So for constant heat flux into the
nanotube, I am trying to get the velocities of the atoms of the nanotube and
rescale them depending on the calculations. Also by the same way, I will
rescale the velocities of the atoms on the periphery of the cell to remove
heat.

Also doing this simulation, I am not sure if I can use periodic Boundary
condition or not. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Navdeep